Friday, November 9, 2012

Kiss Me Goodbye [A Sawada Tsunayoshi Oneshot]


You say my love is all you need
To see you through
But I know these words are not quite true

“Please.”

His sienna eyes begged for you to stay, they begged for you to forgive him. You knew he had something going on behind your back, it wasn’t a girl but you knew it was something dangerous if his rugged form didn’t tell you enough.

“I cannot live without you, without your love, please [Name]…”

With a small sigh, you smiled softly and accepted him into your arms once more. You knew he wouldn’t lie to you and he did such things to keep you safe.

But what he had said, you could tell in your heart that…

He could live without you but he just doesn’t know it yet.

Here is the path you're looking for
An open door
Leading to worlds you long to explore
Go--if you must move on alone
I'm gonna make it on my own

“Go, they need you.”

You were never one for holding him back. You ushering him towards the door with a cheery grin. Tsuna looked at you worriedly, his eyes searching your form for any signs of hurt or doubt. With a sigh you assured him once more that you’ll be okay on your own and you had Natsu.

 With a passionate kiss he left you on the door step, promising to return as soon as possible.

Kiss me goodbye, love's memory
Follow your heart and find your destiny
Don't shed a tear for love's mortality
For you put the dream in my reality

“[Name]…”

His voice cracked as he stared at the note on the floor.

You’d left to protect him.

As time goes by, I know you'll see this as me
I loved you enough to let you go free
Go--I will give you wings to fly
Cast all your fears into the sky

It’s been a year since you’ve left. He was still searching.

Today was the anniversary of your disappearance.

The orange coloured box sat on his table, the familiar neat handwriting on the card made his heart swell with hope. Against Gokurdera’s warning, the brown haired boy had opened the box. It contained a stainless steel charm on a necklace, in a form of a pair of elegant wings.

“Fly high into the skies, my love.”


Kiss me goodbye, love's mystery
All of my life I'll hold you close to me
Don't shed a tear for love's mortality
For you put the dream in my reality

Twenty One.

He wished for you to be there with him when he had blown out the candles on his birthday cake.

He had met you when he was 16. Kyoko was long gone by then, he only saw her as a friend and you came into the picture. You were always there, supporting him even when he was down, reminding him that he could be better than what he was.

He owed you a lot.

“Tsuna, there’s something that came in the mail for you,” Nana told the male, passing the small package to him. Tsuna took it with a smile, thanking his mom before opening the package.

To Tsuna and the Family,

The first CD, labled: Family, please watch it with everyone. As for the second one, it’s a present for Tsuna. Happy Birthday!!

–[Name]

“Guys!! We’ve got something from [Name]!!”

The announcement made everyone rush towards the brown haired Vongola, causing a small outbreak of excitement. Everyone urged the boy to insert the CD into the player as they sat in the family room. Turing the TV on, everyone stared at the screen as you stared back.

“Is it recording?”

You had asked with a smile, and then looked right at the camera.

They could see how much you’ve changed, you were looking pale and fragile but your cheery smile still stayed the same.

“It’s been two years!! I hope you’re all doing well!! As you can see I am a little bit sick at the moment haha. I really do miss you guys.”

Everyone had looked at Tsuna silently as he stared at the television; it was like a dream to be able to see you.

“Truth is, I don’t really have much time and I wanted to let everyone know that I really love you all and thank you… for all the wonderful memories and adventures.”

At this point your eyes had begun to water, you smile broke a little.

The tension in the room rose as you continued.

“I’ve been diagnose with a rare disease since I was a child and the doctors had said I would only live up to 10 years at most but I showed them right? Haha”

The pain that you’ve been hiding and keeping to yourself…

“This year will be my last.”

You wiped the stray tear that fell with a grin.

“And don’t you all start babbling and crying you hear? I expect smiles!! Yes even from you Gokudera!!”

Kiss me goodbye, love's memory
You put the dream in my reality

After the video, Haru and Kyoko had decided to excuse themselves first and after that almost everyone had gone home, the shock still hasn’t set in yet but when it did… the anger and pain started.

Tsuna sat up in his room, door locked and laptop on. Holding in his tears he inserted the 2nd CD that came with the package.

“Hey there Tsu-chan, I know you must be pretty shocked and angry. I don’t blame you since I took the coward’s way out. I didn’t want anyone to worry or baby me. You were all busy after all… and really I didn’t want you to ever see me frail and helpless.”

You joked with a grin. He could tell you had recorded this earlier, before the disease had gotten to you.

“I want you to remember me as… the healthy and cheerful idiot that forgives you for everything, even coming to dates a day late.”

He remembered, that day they had a fight with a rival family and had missed a date with you. He smiled.

“You are the most wonderful boyfriend I’ve ever had. You’re smart, handsome and full of awesome! Don’t you ever forget that!!”

He chuckled bitterly and nodded.

“Remember those wings that I gave you? They belonged to my mother, she had given them to me for protection and in hopes that I would be able to live life fearlessly. Now I pass those hopes on to you. ”

His hand clenched on to the charm around his neck, the cold steel in his clammy palms.

“So for your 21st birthday, I wanted to present you with a song, a performance of sorts!!”

Your soothing voice had sung the lullaby.

“You put the dream… in my reality…”

As the last verse was sung, he noticed your teary eyes.

“I love you, Sawada Tsunayoshi.”

It ended.

The tears began falling from his hazel coloured orbs and he shouted in frustration, his fist making harsh contact with the table he leaned on. That night he broke down for the first time in 2 years.

A month later the letters were received.

The location of your grave was listed.


A/N: This isn't one of the best fics but recently I had the urge to replay FF12 (the gameplay sucks but I play if for Fran and Balthier lol). Kiss Me Goodbye by Angela Aki has always been my favourite of all the Final Fantasy sound tracks. It was the song that made the most impression on me and really this fanfiction does not do justice to it.

I thought about a sad love story for this song and somehow it reminded me of Tsuna. I haven't really written a Tsuna fanfiction before (I'm more used to writing brash and harsh characters like Gokudera or Hibari) so I'm sorry if he seems OOC. Critiques are accepted with open arms :D

No comments:

Post a Comment